Advice surgeries for carers are held on a regular basis at the Carers Support Centre, and most must be booked in advance. Please be aware that our advice surgeries are very popular and you may have to book an appointment further in advance. Current advice surgeries include:
- Benefits Surgery - 30 minute appointment provided by Croydon Council’s Welfare Rights Team. Offers carers a full benefits check and support with complex benefits issues.
- Debt Advice - 60 minute appointment with a SWLLC Thames Water Advisor, who can look at your current debt issues, maxmise your income, and assess eligibility for a grant towards white goods and utility bill debts.
- Direct Payments - drop-in advice and support from a member of Croydon Council Direct Payments Support Service. No pre-booking required.
- Employment Advice - bookable 40 minutes of employment advice from Gateway Employment for carers or former carers. Can provide advice on CVs, skills and training.
- Mental Health Support - 30 minute appointment with an adviser from Mind in Croydon. The adviser can offer support on any issue affecting carers of someone with a mental health problem.
To book an appointment or for more information about individual surgeries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message on 020 8663 5608.