Advice surgeries for carers are held on a regular basis at the Carers Support Centre, and most must be booked in advance. Please be aware that our advice surgeries are very popular and you may have to book an appointment further in advance. Current advice surgeries include:
- Benefits Surgery – provided by Croydon Council’s Welfare Rights Team, a chance for carers to receive a full benefits check and fill in claim forms
- Mental Health Carers Advice Surgery – discuss any issue or concern relating to caring for someone with a mental health problem with an advisor from Mind in Croydon
- Legal Advice - 30 minute appointment with a solicitor on any subject except conveyancing, probate, Power of Attorney and wills. Provided by Duncan Lewis Solicitors.
- Legal Clinic - 30 minute appointment with a mental health accredited solicitor on mental health, Court of Protection, Power of Attorney, mental capacity, clinical negligence, family law and immigration (but not asylum). Provided by Bison Solicitors.
- Shelter Housing Advice Surgery - 30 minute appointment with an advisor from Shelter for advice and assistance on any aspect of housing
- Debt Advice - a SWLLC Thames Water Advisor can look at your current debt issues, income maximization and assess potential eligibility for a grant towards white goods and utility bill debts
To book an appointment or for more information about individual surgeries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message on 020 8663 5608. Please be aware dates and times can be subject to change, so contact us to check. You can find the latest advice surgeries on our What’s On calendar.