Advice surgeries for carers are held on a regular basis at the Carers Support Centre, and most must be booked in advance. Please be aware that our advice surgeries are very popular and you may have to book an appointment further in advance. Current advice surgeries include:
- Benefits Surgery - 30 minute appointment provided by Croydon Council’s Welfare Rights Team. Offers carers a full benefits check and support with complex benefits issues.
- Debt Advice - a SWLLC Thames Water Advisor can look at your current debt issues, income maximization and assess potential eligibility for a grant towards white goods and utility bill debts.
- NEW Direct Payments - drop-in advice and support from a member of Croydon Council Direct Payments Support Service. No pre-booking required.
- Employment Advice - drop-in advice from Gateway Employment for carers or former carers. Can provide
advice on CVs, skills and training. No pre-booking required.
- NEW LiveWell - Get one-to-one advice and support on your health and wellbeing from a Croydon LiveWell adviser. Issues they can help with include improving diet, increasing exercise, reducing alcohol consumption and quitting smoking. No pre-booking required.
- Legal Clinic - 30 minutes of free legal advice. Further legal advice or support may be chargeable. Please let us know which legal area you require advice on when booking. Provided by Bison Solicitors.
- Mental Health Support - 30 minute appointment with an adviser from Mind in Croydon. The adviser can offer support on any issue affecting carers of someone with a mental health problem.
To book an appointment or for more information about individual surgeries, email email@example.com or call and leave a message on 020 8663 5608. Please be aware dates and times can be subject to change, so contact us to check. You can find the latest advice surgeries on our What’s On calendar.